What is LEC Lighting for Cannabis?
LEC lighting (Light Emitting Ceramic) also known as CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide), or CDM (Ceramic-Discharge Metal Halide) is an innovative lighting technology for indoor growing.
What Benefits does LEC Technology Have?
- LEC systems produce larger yields in regards to gram/watt (between 1.5 and 1.8g per watt).
- Generates less heat than HPS systems, which allow for more terpenes and cannabinoids to preserve.
- Higher quality final produce with better flavour and more intense effects.
- You can save electricity; a 315w LEC light produces almost the same results as a 600w HPS grow light.
- Produces light similar to natural sunlight, which can cause an increase in resin yield.
- These systems easily make up for their initial investment.
Why do I need a LEC Lighting Ballast
LEC lights won’t start with a HPS/MH ballast. These types of lights need a ballast and socket that are compatible with LEC-CMH lighting.
- If you’re planning on using a 315w LEC bulb you’ll need a 315w LEC ballast and a reflector with a LEC socket or an e-40 adaptor socket for CMH/LEC 315w.
- If you plan on using a 630w LEC bulb you’ll need to use a 630w LEC ballast and a DE Double Ended reflector. If you have an Adjust a Wing reflector you can use it with a Hellion socket.
What LEC Lighting to Choose
Our catalogue contains well-known systems such as the Lumatek system at the best price. Lumatek is a British company that has been leading in ballast production since 2004.
315w CMH/LEC Lumatek Ballast
- This electronic ballast allows you to dim power to 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100%.
- Available in kit form with a light, ballast, adaptor and C-14 cable so that you can keep using your reflector with LEC technology.
630w Lumatek CMH/LEC Ballast
- Electronic LEC/CMH Ballast, allowing you to adjust power to 80%, 90% and 100%. Available in grow light kit form.