Ugro is Simply Organic’s commercial name, a company that started out in 2003 in Masnou, Barcelona.
Ugro manufactures and distributes coco coir substrates, and the prime materials used in their products come from specifically selected fields in India. The coconuts used in their substrates are picked in plantations far from the coast, guaranteeing low content in salts.
Ugro also has an exhaustive quality control during their production process guaranteeing the highest possible quality. During this process, the thinnest particles are gotten rid of in order to guarantee high water retention and aeration.
Benefits of Growing Cannabis in Coco Coir
The use of coco coir is an organic and sustainable alternative to using peat, plus they have a series of super helpful benefits:
- It’s the best substrate in order to guarantee easy and quick root growth, making for larger plants and better overall results.
- Coco coir is a natural, intert substrate that doesn’t contain any type of substance, including insects and illnesses.
- Coco coir maintains harzanium Trichoderma, which can increase nutrient absorption and protect your plants from insect and pathogen infestations.
- You can use coco coir as a substrate as long as you also use coco specific products, or you can also mix it in with your soil in order to improve substrate quality; in this case, you should use soil fertilizers.
What’s the Best Coco Coir?
Ugro coco coir is rich in Trichoderma and comes in brick formats in order to guarantee easy transport and storage. Before using the bricks, you’ll need to wet them in water. The Small brick contains 11L in coco coir and the XL one contains 70L. For the Small one you should add 3L water and 18L for the large model.
Ugro has three types of coco coir bricks designed to adapt to the need of all types of growers:
- XL and Small: these bricks are ready to decompress and use. Choose these bricks if you want to grow in coco coir substrates using mineral fertilizers such as Canna Coco A and B.
- XL Rhiza: this coco brick also contains mycorrhizae, and it’s ideal for combining with biomineral fertilizers such as Plagron Cocos A and B.
- XL Organic: is a type of coco coir that hasn’t been buffered; buffering is a chemical process that stops coco coir substrate from retaining calcium. XL Organic hasn’t been treated, so you’ll need to treat it with a buffering substance first in order to use it. It’s ideal for combining with soil substrates, peat substrates etc in order to guarantee a 100% bio process.
If you have any questions regarding Ugro coco coir, keep in mind that there’s a team of professionals at La Huerta Grow Shop waiting to help you.