Terpenes are molecules that are found in many different plant, flower and fruit species. These compounds are in charge of giving your plants their aroma and flavour, such as lavender and pine; they’re incredibly important in cannabis plants, as they determine their organoleptic qualities.
Cannabis plants’ aromas and flavours are composed of different terpenes. They can be found in different proportions, depending on the strain, creating specific aromas and flavours, which is essentially the identity of the plant itself.
Terpenes can be found in high amounts in female cannabis plants, and they essentially protect plants from certain threats such as insects or other factors related to climate and environmental stress.
Plus, thanks to the “entourage effect” terpenes are capable of modifying THC and other cannabinoids’ effects.
What is Cannabis’s Terpene Profile?
Terpenes which are found in cannabis plants can also be found in other plants and flowers in nature. In order to create a product that has the same terpene profile as a specific strain, the strain is analyzed in a lab and then the exact aromatic profile is recreated using natural, legal plants.
The results are terpene profiles that don’t come from cannabis but are exactly the same as certain strains; this can be done because terpenes are identical molecules in each plant, although they can be found in different proportions. This process is 100% natural, and doesn’t contain any solvents or contaminants, producing the perfect final products that’s identical to the original strain.
Terpenes can be used in many different ways, from improving your consumer experience, to giving your dishes an exotic kick to them. The main ways terpenes tend to be used are:
- As a cannabis plant flavour and aroma additive for cannabis extracts such as dry extracts, iceolator, BHO, Rosin and more.
- For adding aroma and flavour to low-quality flowers in order to improve your experience.
- For adding aroma and flavour to vaporized liquids in e-cigarettes, known as e-liquids: this allows the consumer to enjoy their favorite strain without needing to feel any psychoactive effects.
- Terpenes are also a natural dilutant, which means that they can be used to dilute your extracts such as resins and oils so they can be used with dab pens and vaporizers.
Cali Terpenes is a leading company in organic terpene production, producing aromatic profiles which are identical to most cannabis strains. Situated in Barcelona, Cali Terpenes has a team of professional experts in order to make terpene profiles and provide high quality results.
Cali Terpenes’ Characteristics
- Pure terpenes with no additives
- 100% organically sourced.
- No solvents or heavy metals.
- No THC, CBD or any other cannabinoids.
- No propylene glycol, ethylene glycol or glycerines.
- Extracted without the use of solvents.
- Food Grade, Kosher and Halal certified, as well as fully meeting the EU vaporizing standards.
- Used for aromatherapy, among other uses.
Discover Cali Terpenes’ enormous catalogue, with incredible aromatic profiles such as Amnesia, Cheese, Critical and many more. Plus, for even easier use, we also have Terps Spray, which has a micro-sprayer designed for a much more balanced and fast application. Terps Spray is available in many different aromatic profiles such as Blackberry Kush, Gipsy Haze, Holy Grail and more.
How to Use Cali Terpenes
When using Cali Terpenes’ terpenes, we don’t recommend ever using over 4% of the total weight of the product your looking to aromatize; too much aroma and flavour can ruin a good thing, so keep in mind that these terpenes are pure.
- 1ml contains about 30 drops (depending on the size of the dripper).
- You should always use diluted terpenes (in herbal extractions and e-liquid bases that are max. 4%)
- Do NOT vape, smoke or ingest terpenes that haven’t been diluted.
- Terpenes act as natural dilutants, which is why you should not consume them without first diluting them as it may be too abrasive for your respiratory system.
- Do NOT apply on skin, it may cause irritation.
Now that you have all the info, you just have to choose your favourite terpene profile and begin experimenting.
If you have any questions regarding terpenes, you can get in touch with our team of professionals; we’ll help you out!